A surgical nurse, also referred to as a theatre nurse, specializes in preoperative care which means they provide care to patients before, during and after surgery. Perioperative nurses work closely with Surgeons, Aesthesiologists, nurse Anaesthetists, Surgeon's Assistants, Surgical Technologists, and Nurse Practitioners. They perform preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative care primarily in operating theatre. Surgical patients (those who have undergone a minor or major surgical procedure) are nursed on different wards to medical patients.
- Track 1-1 Perioperative (Surgical) Nursing
- Track 2-2 Pre and Post-Operative Surgery
- Track 3-3 Recent Advances in Surgical Nursing
- Track 4-4 General Surgery and Surgical Infections
- Track 5-5 Cardiac Surgery
- Track 6-6 Gynecological Surgery